Sunday, June 13, 2010

Drowning in Abidjan!!



While you are enjoying the heat of June, we are enjoying the cooler weather that comes along with rainy season! As you can see our road is flooded again. Almost every road was flooded today! We attempted to go to the small group today but we had to cancel because of the rain. As we were driving home, we passed through almost 3 feet deep water. It was a little nerve racking, but at least our car is a diesel so we didn't stall out. This is not water that you would want to get stuck and have to wade in!! When we have to walk in it..we try not think about what is in it! So, I really don't know why my family decided they needed to get in it just to take pictures!!

We are chugging along in Jula. It is coming slowly for me, but Jon is doing well! But I am encouraged because my French is improving. My language teacher is teaching me from French to Jula where Jon is learning from English to Jula. Our main ministry is going to be French...we will be using Jula as door openers.

Autumn has completed her freshmen year and is now officially a sophmore!! Wow, it is going by so fast!! Before I know it she will be leaving for college. I try not to think about that to much or I will be sad all the time! ;)

We are looking forward to our first team that is coming to labor with us in August! Please keep them in your prayers as they prepare. Also, pray for the people of Ancumabo as this will be the area that we will be working in that week.

Jon has already had malaria since we returned from the states. The mosquitos are really bad in the rainy season. Continue to keep us in your prayers for good health!

In Christ,
Teresa

1 comment:

David Pope said...

ah ... lovely Lake Moody.