Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jula, Jula and more Jula!!

We have now been learning Jula for 4 weeks! I can't say that we have learned a whole lot! We can greet and purchase a few items, but that is the extent of our speaking in Jula for the moment! I wish I could say that this language isn't stressful, but that would not be true. But I do believe it is going to be much more enjoyable than French! It has been wonderful to see the peoples faces when we come out with some Jula words! They are so excited that we are trying to learn their heart language! We are trying to spend our time in Jula but also live our everyday life in French (which we aren't no means fluent in!). We have found that our French has improved some since returning from our time in the states. I think our brains actually got some rest!

This past month has flown by fast and I am still trying to get use to how long it takes to do ANYTHING in Africa! I think we got spoiled to the fast food (fast everything) in the states! But we are back to the real world now! ;) We was talking the other day that we now feel more settled here. We needed that trip home but now feel that we can continue on with the work that needs to be done in Abidjan!

Pray for our friends here and pray for me as I try to start storying to a muslim lady nearby. I am going to practice my Jula on her, but also tell her about the reason that we have hope.

Also, continue to pray for our health. This seems to be an area where Satan likes to attack us. I have been fighting daily headaches for the past week and half. Jon still has that impending thought of when the kidney stones will decide to pass. Praise, Autumn has been feeling great!

Love,
Teresa

No comments: