Sunday, February 14, 2010

Preparing for visit from friends

It has been a rather unusual weekend in Abidjan. We have been confined to the house....and I am going stir-crazy!! But, we have made the best out of the situation and spent time sitting around as a family remembering all the good times with friends and how faithful the Lord has been to us.

We are looking forward to seeing a friend from home next weekend! Next week will be filled with prayerfully looking over the city and seeking where we could use a team of 10 that will be coming in August. We might even fit in a trip to the beach! We want to thank our home church, Emmanuel, for all the goodies that will be coming! I hear there is alot of Slim Jims, you must think Jon is starving over here! ;)

We are looking forward to vacation in the states in April! We can't wait to see each of you! I have realized that I will need to do some shopping as soon as we arrive. If I walk around in my African clothes, I might get some looks!

Prayer requests:

*Pray for Jon and our friends as they prayfully look over the city.
*Continue to pray for my friend, M. I haven't been able to story the past month because she has been working. I hope to start back this week, even if I have to go at night, so pray for an open heart.
*Pray for peace in the country.


In Christ,
Teresa

No comments: