Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

You noticed I said that it is beginning to look (not FEEL) like Christmas! We went out yesterday to finish our Christmas shopping. The mall and stores are all decorated for the holidays. I even noticed the decorations that the city hangs on the light poles. Their decorations might not be what you would use......I even saw a purple Christmas tree the other day! Also, the stores are playing Christmas music (mostly in English). But, it is definitely not feeling anything like Christmas. The temp has been in the high 80s with it feeling like 100 with the humidity. Jon and Autumn went swimming Friday, that just seems crazy for it being a week before Christmas

This week will be really busy for us. Starting yesterday after shopping, Autumn and I spent the entire afternoon making cookies for our small group today. We are having a fellowship for Christmas. Of course, I said that I would bring some cookies like we eat in America and they thought that was the greatest thing. So, I wanted to be sure that I had plenty because there will not be any left! We are having a Christmas party for all the Africans that help us on Wednesday afternoon. So, I need about 200 more cookies for that! We will celebrate Christmas with the McAfees on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day we will have family time and make us a Christmas dinner. It will be the first time that I make dressing! We will see how that works!

Enjoy your family and friends this holiday season! Remember the reason of Christmas is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Continue to lift us up in prayer especially during the holidays, it is much harder this time of the year. We appreciate and love each of you!

Teresa

1 comment:

David Pope said...

Wish we could be there to enjoy it with you ... Merry Christmas!